CORPORATE ADVENTURE RACING & RELAYS
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, win
glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure - than to take rank
with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because
they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory, nor defeat." -
Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. President
This challenging activity provides a practice field for addressing a
number of team and leadership issues. You may choose to focus on one or
more of the following objectives:
- Sharpen your strategic planning skills.
- Strengthen team cohesion.
- Explore the value of both cooperation and competition.
- Increase your capacity for "staying the course".
- Foster effective processes for communication, decision-making,
problem-solving, and conflict management.
- Enhance your ability to deal with change and the unexpected.
- Promote understanding & appreciation of different leadership
styles - and which styles are most appropriate for different
Adventure Racing provides a challenging practice field for effective
leadership and teamwork. Based on the model of the world-famous
Eco-Challenge, our adventure racing programs are highly customized to
address your specific needs and objectives. Each program involves a
combination of several of the following activities (adapted to the
physical capabilities of your group):
- Orienteering (using map & compass to find designated
- Mountain Biking
- Mental Challenges
- Paddling (canoe, raft, kayak)
- Trail Hiking / Running
- Mystery Challenges (team problem-solving activities)
Your group, divided into sub-teams, must practice both competition
and cooperation in order to achieve success. You will move from one
activity to the next until completion of the adventure course - staying
together as a small group through the entire course, crossing the finish
line together. A pre-race session will give you an opportunity to
strategize and get ready. Strategic planning, positive group dynamics,
strong leadership skills, and effective teamwork are the most critical
factors for success.
Relay Format (e.g. different team-members do different activities)
TIME FRAME: Can be
designed for 2 hours to 10 hours.
4128 South Grant St.
Englewood, CO 80113